KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Finance & Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Manila, the Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project), the new Unitaid-funded 3,5 year project that will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
Purpose of the position
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Philippines Country Office, as well as monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, manage the procurement and administrative processes.
As a Finance and Administrative Officer you will:
- Check and assign codes to all financial documents
- Ensure payment requests and settlements are within available budget
- Enter all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments for approval by the signatory in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to KNCV Grant Administrator at the Hague on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project expenses incurred are paid timely, documented and filed
- Pro-actively analyse and report significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Project manager
- Prepare adjustments to budgetsManage the annual audit process and related activities
- Manage procurement process
- Maintain the petty cash accounts
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare budgets
- Ensure compliance with all Unitaid and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management).
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences
- Minimum 4 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-for-profit organization (NGO).
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in donorsupported projects
- Knowledge of government laws in the Philippines for NGOs operation in the country
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, EXACT Globe & MS Excel and MS Word.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal communication.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Sound analytical skills and integrity
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by filling out the form below and submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 23 August 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Hague: +31(0)70-41672222.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.