KNCV is looking for a Finance and Accounts Officer
Duty Station Abuja, Nigeria Full time
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease, an contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Purpose of the position
The Finance/Accounts Officer is expected to keep accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV country office, as well as assisting the Senior Accountant with monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal and external stakeholders. Expected deliverable is to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date KNCV Country office records. Is responsible for preparation of monthly financial report to KNCV HQ as well as for the preparation of the quarterly financial reports to the donor.
Position in the organization
The Finance/ Accounts officer reports to the Senior Accountant
As Finance & Accounts Officer you will:
• Enters approved budgets into the accounting system
• Provides financial data for donor/partner agreements
• Checks, analyzes and files financial reports from subcontractors /sub awardees
• Compiles financial progress reports in accordance with administrative guidelines, rules and regulations for submission to donors
• Prepares, monitors and verifies outstanding balances and funding requests
• Checks and assigns codes to all financial documents
• Enters financial documents into the accounting system
• Prepare and process payments in the banking system
• Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
• Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
• Assists procurement processes
• Maintains the petty cash accounts
• Prepares financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Prepares budgets and budget modifications
• Ensures compliance with all Global Fund and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
• Engages in financial and related tasks as required by management
• Assists in developing and updating financial management systems and tool
• Ensures adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual and operations manual of Global Fund
• Perform additional duties as assigned
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management)
• At least 5 years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting
• Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in Global Fund supported projects
• Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
• Excellent Excel skills
• Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Behavioral competencies and skills:
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
• Flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences
• No nine to five mentality
What do we offer?
• A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 29th May 2020, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
• An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
• A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
• The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
• KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below before 2nd May 2019. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.