KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Finance and Administrative Officer Duty Station: Addis Ababa
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in Ethiopia.
Latent tuberculosis (TB) infection (LTBI) is the seed bed for developing TB disease and continued transmission. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated in 1999 that one third of the world’s population is latently infected with TB. WHO policy to give at least six months of isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) to people living with HIV (PLWHIV) and child contacts has existed since 1993, yet the uptake of IPT in high burden countries remains poor. A short-course regimen of isoniazid and rifapentine weekly for three months (3HP) is now available. 3HP is associated with less toxicity, better adherence and similar efficacy to IPT and may be logistically easier for programmes to scale up. WHO has included scaling up TB preventive therapy, particularly short-course regimens, in its End TB strategy. Implementation of 3HP will meet the same fate as IPT unless existing barriers to its supply, adoption, demand and delivery are removed.
Purpose of the position
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for the financial management and administration, and will support the Human Resource Management (HRM) of the country office in accordance with the Legislation of Ethiopia and KNCV guidelines. This position provides assistance to the Director of the country office in budgeting, financial administration, HRM and other related issues as required.
The Finance & Administrative Officer supervises administrative assistant and office assistant.
Position in the organization
The Finance and Admin Officer reports to the Country Director.
As Finance and Administrative Officer you will be responsible for:
- Identification of cash need of budget the project and preparation cash flow on monthly basis for submission to the HQ;
- Preparation of financial monthly financial data for internal and external users;
- Prepare expenditure against budget reports and monitor variance to avoid any unallowable overspending
- Involve in the development of effective systems of financial accountability and control in line with KNCV financial policies and systems;
- Ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for and the financial systems are maintained and followed in managing finance of projects.
- Preparation of balance sheet account details on monthly basis; and bring irregularities to the attention of the Country Director.
- Arrange documents for audit purpose; ensuring that all documents met required audit standards;
- Preparation of financial reports for submission to auditors for donor and statutory audits.
- Responsible for checking the accuracy and validity of invoices, documents processed before preparation of payment vouchers and posting to the financial system.
- Responsible for consolidation of monthly tax payable and timely payment to the relevant authority; Ensure that payment Withholding, income taxes (salary) and pension;
- Preparation of staff payroll and staff benefit settlements based on contract agreement.
- Stamp documents with posted after posting is done.
- Handle HR activities of the country office, lead the recruitment processes from HR perspective, advise staff on HR policies and procedures
- Ensure staff leaves and other entitlements are managed in line with local labor law and KNCV HR policies and procedures;
- Manage renewal and termination staff employment contract based on the existing laws; policies and procedures;
Logistics and Procurement
- Provide logistics and procurement support for the implementation of the projects;
- Ensure proper registration of inventory and assets of the project
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Country Director;
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or MBA degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance/Commerce.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience is required in a similar position Work experience in INGO setting is preferred
- Knowledge of EXACT/QuickBooks and other accounting software packages
- Experience with UNITAID, EU, USAID and other donor work plan budgeting and expenditure monitoring
- Strong organizational skills
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to cope with stress;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload;
- Team player Sound analytical skills.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before May 31, 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia: + 251116673801 or mail to email@example.com.