Finance Assistant Duty Station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Purpose of the position
The Finance Assistant will provide support in project administration and management for effective project implementation. S/he will report to the Finance Manager.
As a Finance Assistant you will:
- Support the administration and financial matters within the project implementation;
- Provide administrative and budgetary support in planning, budgeting, organizing, implementation and monitoring of training activities;
- Collect and follow-up collection of training expenditures and liaise with the Finance officer in reviewing, analyzing the financial returns and reconciliations from the trainings, meetings and workshops;
- Assist in posting of invoices and retirement in the Exact system;
- Filing of documents such Payment and Retirements;
- Support compilation and process VAT claims;
- Support CR/ Deputy CR to prepare liquidation report of their duty trips that have been completed;
- Pays relevant allowances to training facilitators and participants consistent with KNCV policies and project specification;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with INGOs
- Knowledge on Exact accounting package will be an added advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural environment.
What do we offer?
- KNCV offers you a contract for 24 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding.
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and Information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is the 5th of December 2016. For more information please contact us via +255 22 2664859 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.