KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job
The Finance Clerk works in liaison with the Finance Officer providing assistance in project administration and management for effective project implementation.
Position in the organization
The Finance Clerk reports to the Finance Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Verification and preparation of invoices and other financial documents for payments requests, activity advances and allowances;
- Reviewing and analyzing expense declaration from activities advances (trainings, meetings, and workshops) vs. reported expenses for accuracy as per KNCV accounting principles and guidelines, while ensuring that all the required supporting documents are available;
- Pays relevant allowances to training facilitators and participants consistent with KNCV policies and project specification;
- Assist in the preparation of invoices for data entry and assist in posting of invoices and retirements in the EXACT Accounting package;
- Verification and reconciliation of bank transactions vs. mobile banking transactions;
- Filing of financial documents such payment and expense declarations;
- Assist in providing administrative and budgetary support in planning, budgeting, organizing, implementation and monitoring of training activities;
- Collect and follow-up training expenditures and liaise with the Finance Officer in reviewing, analyzing the financial returns and reconciliations from the trainings, meetings and workshops;
- When required, facilitate per diems and transport payments to participants for different training, workshops and seminars in consistent with KNCV policies and project specifications;
- Support the compilation and processing of VAT claims to the tax authority;
- Maintain a list of account receivable and payable;
- Support the Country Representative/Deputy Country Representative to prepare liquidation reports of their duty trips;
- Perform other administration and financial duties and responsibilities assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- A Diploma in Accounting, Administration or other relevant academic background.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years of relevant experience;
- Good computer skills (incl. MS word, Excel and Power Point);
- Demonstrated basic accounting skills with experience in petty cash management;
- Demonstrated work experience in an international organization/donor funded organizations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Knowledge on EXACT accounting package would be an added advantage.
- The ability to organize and prioritize with an eye for detail;
- The ability to operate in a problem solving way;
- Multi-tasking and able to meet deadlines in time;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 27th February 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via +255 22 2664859 or send an email to email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.