KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Finance Officer Duty Station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position in the organization
The Finance Officer will be involved with all financial matters of the project. He/she will report directly to the Project Manager and will maintain close communication and coordination with the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance Officer.
As Finance Officer you will:
- Support the Project Manager in the administration and efficient financial management of the project;
- Ensure the accounting transactions are in accordance with accepted Accounting Principles, KNCV and UNITAID Policies, and any cost principles imposed by KNCV or UNITAID;
- Support the Project Manager in development of project budgets and cash flow projections;
- Keep timely, complete and correct financial transactions;
- Facilitate accurate and timely submission of monthly financial reports; review monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation;
- Monitor availability of funds so that cash flow adequately supports project activities;
- Contact person for audits by internal and external auditors, and will provide support during audit and resolve audit queries;
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; provide results of such analysis for project monitoring to the Project Manager and the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance Officer as required;
- Prepare the monthly payroll and ensure timely settlement of payroll deductions to the relevant reporting authorities;
- Produce all essential regulatory bodies’ statutory reports as per the required format and reporting timeline;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the government, KNCV country office manual and other KCNV manuals, and donor requirements;
- Ensure the effective management, monitoring and tracking of project properties including maintenance of the inventory;
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management). ACCA/CIMA/ICAM degrees are an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance, preferably with an international organization
- Experience with donor funded projects in a public health related field
- Demonstrated experience and skills in planning, budgeting and forecasting, financial management and financial reporting
- Experience in working in a fast-moving and multi-cultural environment
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chichewa
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent skills in MS-Office
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Exact accounting package and/or similar accounting software
- Ability to cope with a high workload
- Ability to work with national and international teams
- Accurate and organized
- Self-starter and team player. Dynamic, solid and open
- Flexible with absolute integrity
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Malawi has its own HRM Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 17 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Malawi: +265 994 869 999 +265 993 915 705 or +265 999 491 208 or mail to email@example.com.