KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the position
KNCV is looking for a Finance Officer to support the financial management of the country office in accordance with the Legislation of Ethiopia and KNCV guidelines. This position provides assistance to the Finance and Administration Officer in budgeting, financial administration, and other related issues as required.
Position in the organization
The Finance Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the donor financial regulations and local government requirements are strictly adhered to in the day to day activity of the unit;
- Ensures the integrity of the organization’s financial and accounting systems;
- Reviews payment requests for completeness (Supporting documentations); proper authorization; compliance to policies and procedures; reasonability of costs; and generally accepted accounting practices;.
- Assists in planning and administering the documentation, classification and recording of financial transactions;
- Prepares and checks financial statements, bank reconciliation and assist in preparation of financial reports;
- Checks the accuracy of financial documents, and ensures proper filing;
- Tracks advance balances, travel or work advances and expense report submission;
- Ensures timely payment of government taxes and staffs pension fund;
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements/report for donors as well as for government;
- Assists in compilation of monthly cash forecast/request;
- Labels box files as per the required coding structure of filling;
- Ensures financial documents/accounting records are at all times complete, update, orderly, well-kept and readily available for reference when required;
- Manages the process of Payroll payments and its budget allocation;
- Manages and takes steps to improve the data entry in the Exact system;
- Works on audit comments provided from internal or external auditors;
- Assists in the coordination of internal and external Audit.
- BA in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years degree in accounting of experience, finance and administration preferably with an international organization.
- Experience in UNITAID and USG-funded projects specifically in public health related field preferred
- Good command of communications skills particularly attitude to working well with non-administrative professionals.
- Very Good skills in written and oral English
- Very Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Knowledge of IPSAS or training in IPSAS
- Knowledge EXACT accounting software.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for until March 31, 2021 with a possibility for extension depending on availability of funds;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application and information
More information can be found on www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies.You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, The closing date of the vacancy is March 13th, 2020. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Team in Ethiopia +251116673801 or mail to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.