KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally. KNCV is the lead partner in a five year project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “Making Global Fund money work”. This project focuses on two intervention areas in selected countries; 1) Support the increased role of the non-public sector in delivering quality TB and TB/HIV services and 2) Strengthen implementation of Global Fund (GF) supported grants.
Purpose of the position
As Global Fund TB Advisor you will:
- Provide long term technical assistance (LTTA) to the Nepal National Tuberculosis
Program (NTP) with a primary focus on TB activities funded through the Global Fund grant;
- Provide programmatic, technical, and management support to the NTP to ensure smooth running of the grant in meeting agreed upon targets, benchmarks and conditions precedent;
- Assist the NTP to ensure effective coordination of NTP – GF supported activities;
- Assist the NTP in close monitoring GF supported activities, review program information on a regular basis and identify issues that may lead to implementation delays;
- Identify any needs that the country may have regarding targeted external technical assistance;
- Liaise closely with Save the Children, the GF grant Primary Recipient (PR), WHO and other partners;
- Depending on specific technical capacities, you may also be requested to provide direct technical support to address gaps identified.
What are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in public health, medicine or health related field.
- At least seven years of relevant work experience in the field of TB and HIV control activities;
- Implementing GF activities with at least five years’ experience providing short or long term TB/HIV, and if possible drug resistant-tuberculosis (DR-TB) related technical assistance (TA) in resource limited settings;
- Experience or knowledge of M&E and surveillance is a plus;
- A proven track record of providing quality Technical Assistance.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Planning and Organizing;
- Result Oriented;
- Problem Solving;
- Cultural sensitive;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Eye for detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
A fixed-term contract for a year, with the possibility to extend the contract depending on funding and performance. The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience. Part of the employment conditions is a medical insurance and contribution to your pension.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 8th March 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com.
Please note that our application procedure requires favorable recommendations from at least three professional references.
Due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.