Duty station National TB Control Program (NTCP) Manzini, Swaziland)
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally. KNCV is the lead partner in a five year project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “Making Global Fund money work”. This project focuses on two intervention areas in selected countries; 1) Support the increased role of the non-public sector in delivering quality TB and TB/HIV services and 2) Strengthen implementation of Global Fund (GF) supported grants.
Purpose of the position
As Global Fund TB Advisor you will:
- Provide long term technical assistance (LTTA) to the Swaziland National Tuberculosis Control Program (NTCP) with a primary focus on TB and TB/HIV activities funded through the Global Fund grant;
- Provide programmatic, technical, and management support to the NTCP to ensure smooth running of the grant in meeting agreed upon targets, benchmarks and conditions precedent;
- Assist the NTCP to ensure effective coordination of NTCP – GF supported activities;
- Assist the NTCP in close monitoring GF supported activities, review program information on a regular basis and identify issues that may lead to implementation delays;
- Identify any needs that the country may have regarding targeted external technical assistance;
- Liaise closely with the National Emergency Response Council on HIV and AIDS (NERCHA), the GF grant Primary Recipient (PR), WHO and other partners;
- Depending on specific technical capacities, you may also be requested to provide direct technical support to address gaps identified.
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in public health, medicine or health related field.
- At least seven years of relevant work experience in the field of TB and HIV control activities;
- Implementing GF activities with at least five years’ experience providing short or long term TB/HIV, and if possible drug resistant-tuberculosis (DR-TB) related technical assistance (TA) in resource limited settings;
- Experience and/or knowledge of implementing innovative community-based approaches for enhanced TB case finding and treatment outcome is a plus
- A proven track record of providing quality Technical Assistance;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Planning and Organizing;
- Result Oriented;
- Problem Solving;
- Cultural sensitive;
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
A fixed-term contract for a year, with the possibility to extend the contract depending on funding and performance. The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience. Part of the employment conditions is a medical insurance and contribution to your pension.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 14th of February, 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Virginie Oddoux, HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167265.
Please note that our application procedure requires favorable recommendations from at least three professional references.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.