KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Grant Administrator (28 hours per week) Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices (worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The position of Grant Administrator is aimed at keeping a timely, complete and correct project administration of the (financial) transactions and to monitor and analyze progress and generate project based management information, including information for the financial reporting to the internal and external stakeholders.
The Grant Administrator is a member of the Finance & Operations division and reports to the Financial Controller. The Project Administrator works together with the Grant Manager and supplies him/her with all relevant financial information for the project.
As Grant Administrator you will:
- Gather up to date information of relevant donors’ financial rules, principles and procedures
- Develop grant budget proposals based on input from budget holders and review grant budget proposals from partners against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations in order to get them approved
- Report to budget holders on analysis of actual income and expenses versus budgets
- Pro actively analyze and report significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Financial Controller and the budget holders
- Check, analyze and file financial reports from countries and partners
- Enters approved budgets into the accounting system
- Code invoices for proper budget allocation
- Prepare, monitor and verify outstanding balances and funding requests from countries and partners
- Visits field offices for accounting, reporting, controlling and auditing purposes
- Manage annual audits and other administrative tasks for the grants
You are expected to travel.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- Basic grant management skills
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and financial accounting
- Knowledge of and experience in the business and administrative processes and information flows in the organization
- Knowledge of and insight in the KNCV organization and its field of operations
- Advanced knowledge with relevant financial software applications and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language
- Proactive and collaborative attitude
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract until June 2020, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 31 July 2019. For more information please contact Erika Gerla, Financial Controller: phone (070) 750 84 42. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.