KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in Ethiopia.
Purpose of the position
KNCV has initiated resource mobilization efforts to diversify its funding source and sustain KNCV’s support to the National TB program and its agencies. KNCV is looking for a Grant Coordinator for developing and managing the KNCV Project Portfolio in Ethiopia (non USAID funding) projects. The Coordinator is responsible for making sure that these projects are well implemented and monitored to achieve the project targets. In addition, the Grant Coordinator is expected to strengthen resource mobilization for the KNCV Country Office in Ethiopia, working in close collaboration and coordination with KNCV HQ, donors, partners and stakeholders.
Under the overall responsibility and technical and financial supervision of the Country Director of KNCV Ethiopia, the Grant Coordinator will lead the KNCV Project Portfolio in Ethiopia, responsible for all substantive and administrative matters related to grant management. He/she is responsible for proposal coordination, identify new funding opportunities, monitor project results, and ensure donor accountability and reporting on TB related projects. He/she works closely with KNCV HQ and leads proposal development for new funding opportunities/RFA’s led by KNCV HQ as well as led by KNCV CO Ethiopia.
Position in the organization
The Grant Coordinator is a member of the central KNCV team and reports to the country Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Actively work in resource mobilization at national and international level by building relations with donors, partners and stakeholders
- Lead the proposal development for new funding opportunities initiated at HQ level in which Ethiopia will be one of the implementing country, while strengthening the capacity of KNCV staff in country in proposal development and grant management
- Lead and prepare donor presentations, funding proposals and concepts notes for mobilization of resources for new KNCV Projects in Ethiopia, in coordination with the communication and resource mobilization unit at HQ
- In close collaboration with KNCV HQ, contribute to reports on progress to donor organizations, external communications and profiling, help facilitate MoUs and other agreements with donors and partners
- Coordinate and monitor project results, and ensure donor accountability and reporting on TB related projects
- Work in collaboration with the technical and financial team at the local and headquarter level
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Project Annual/Quarterly Work Plans and Progress/Final substantial and financial reports and its submission to donors
- Participate in project meetings and other activities as required
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between the CO and KNCV HQ in the Netherlands regarding external communications, recourse mobilization and donor engagement
- Sc in health related field and Master degree in MPH or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience working in TB programs or public health programs with recognized technical expertise
- Experience in project coordination and grants management
- Experience in proposal development for international donor organizations
- Experience in relationship management with donors, partners, stakeholders in an international environment
- Proven ability to coordinate, draft, and edit proposals and results-focused reports
- Strong coordination skills including ability to provide strategic guidance, develop work plans, and manage budgets and project expenditures
- Demonstrated skills in presentation and reporting, using various media
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community based organizations)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below, before February 11, 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia +251116673801 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.