KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Head of Communication and Resource Mobilization (38 hours per week)
Duty station: The Hague, the Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
As Head of Communication & Resource Mobilization, you report to the Executive Director and are responsible for strengthening the visibility and coherent image of KNCV and mobilizing adequate resources to help secure sustainable and diversified funding to realize KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation’s strategic goals – including intelligence and outreach activities with existing and new donors in and outside the Netherlands. As such, you make sure that:
A SMART Resource Mobilization strategy is developed and implemented throughout the organization:
- Develop a solid communication, private fundraising and Resource Mobilization (RM) strategy that aligns with RM strategies at Central Office and country level;
- Ensure the implementation of the communication and RM strategy and adapts it when necessary;
- Monitors the execution of branding strategy of the organization, internally as well as externally;
- Advise the Executive Director, Directors Divisions and unit Heads on CRM strategies, relevant sectorial changes / risks, trends, key donor policies and partnership opportunities;
- Contribute, as a member of the Management Team, to the organizational strategy from his/her own discipline.
Resources are, in effect, being mobilized:
- Ensure that effective strategies, tools and systems are in place to identify, analyze and track donor policies, priorities and funding opportunities;
- Inform staff within KNCV with relevant information on resource mobilization and private fundraising opportunities and strategies;
- Identify and assess new donors/markets, and formulates discussion papers on what the steps required to seize the identified opportunities;
- Manage and are part of the Proposal Assessment and Development Team (PADT) – i.e. identifying, selecting and developing proposals and/or services to be submitted to donors. As such, you also coordinate but also write proposals to private and institutional donors;
- Nurture the relation with Dutch lotteries. Build and sustain relationships and (informal) networks that are useful in achieving the goals of the organization;
- Represent and emphasize the importance of external communication and fundraising by building on internal contacts with other departments;
- Align with the relevant internal departments to manage internal (fundraising) processes – Communications team, Technical Division, MT, etc.;
- Ensure adherence to donor policies and procedures as well as to KNCV, rules and regulations, including PADT and GDPR.
Team members are motivated and able to do their work efficiently, effectively and professionally:
- Determine the annual plans, staffing plans and the budgets for the CRM unit and monitor the allocated budget;
- Supervise team members and ensure qualitative and quantitative establishment of the team;
- Plan, coordinate and check activities and deadlines;
- Identify development opportunities for staff and encourage personal development and career prospects;
- Contribute to KNCV Security policy and ensures it is fully operational.
Who are we looking for?
- University degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Resource Mobilization;
- Hands-on strategic thinker with a “do-it-yourself” mentality;
- Knowledge of relevant donor networks and/or sector partners both in the Netherlands and internationally;
- Sound knowledge of donor policies, priorities and grant making/funding cycle;
- Demonstrated experience in securing funds from diverse donors (multilateral, bilateral, foundations, private) in the field of international health and/or international development;
- Knowledge of and insight in private fundraising strategies, processes and instruments;
- In-depth knowledge of global, regional and/or country funding policies and trends and/or managing grants;
- Experience in negotiating and building partnerships/alliances;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (proficiency of Dutch will be an asset).
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A one-year contract with extension possibility;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/en/vacancies/ before 29 September 2021, midnight CEST. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the HRM department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 070- 4167222.