KNCV is looking for an
International marketing communications Officer
Duty station: The Hague, the Netherlands
32 hours per week
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. With our work we save many lives. Our ultimate goal is a TB free world for all. To accomplish this, we raise funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Join our team
The Communication and Fundraising unit consists of 8 professionals and is responsible for private fundraising in The Netherlands and KNCV’s communication worldwide. We are looking for a new colleague whose main focus will be to raise our profile towards international donors and professionals, involved in the fight against TB. This is a senior position in a challenging new role.
Your main tasks will be
- Design and execute strategic communication plans to highlight our international projects, initiatives and partnerships;
- Create and manage a network of relevant international media and platforms
- Represent the unit in (international) project groups, internally and externally;
- Create core messaging, communication tools and PR activities in close cooperation with responsible consultants and project teams;
- Contribute to KNCV’s content calendar towards different audiences;
- Write, edit and publish copy for printed, online and social media;
- Follow news and developments and translate these to concrete communication opportunities for KNCV;
- Manage the project budget of communication activities.
Your education & experience
- A relevant education on minimum Bachelor level (marketing, communications, journalism)
- Professional and strategic advising skills and hands on mentality
- Proven track record in marketing communications, preferably in global health
- Extravert, outgoing and binding person
- You easily handle political relationships and are organization sensitive
- Speaking and writing English fluently (preferably English native speaker with strong working knowledge of Dutch)
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced and self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 1st October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.