KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
IT Officer (20 hours per week) Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The IT Officer is responsible for providing general support to the organization with regard to ICT.
The IT Officer reports to the Director Finance & Organization. He/she coordinates outsourced ICT services and data protection procedures. The reporting line for data protection in capacity of Data Security Officer is to the Executive Director.
As IT Officer you will:
- Ensure optimal performance of ICT facilities for staff
- Advise and manage ICT facilities (hardware, software and services, such as intranet “MyKNCV”)
- Develop guidelines and standards for ICT facilities and makes them available to staff
- Manage services provided by ICT suppliers on a day to day basis and by periodical service management review meetings with suppliers/consultants for ICT
- Monitor the annual plan and budget on ICT
- Ensure that the inventory of all information systems within KNCV is up to date and coordinates efforts to ensure optimal connectivity between those systems
- Implement the ICT policy in consultation with ICT providers and KNCV ICT Project Board
- Implement the ICT policy plan, Data Protection Policy, Information Security Policy and information architecture in consultation with staff and ICT experts and in compliance with data protection regulation
- Encourage ICT providers to monitor ICT trends from which KNCV can benefit and prepares related proposals for the KNCV Management team
- Follow up on requirements with respect to information accessibility, authorization etc.
- Ensure effective communication with- and relationship management of external suppliers
- Operate as Data Security Officer
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in negotiating and relation management
- Experience in procurement
- Advanced knowledge of ICT and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract until June 2020, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 31 July 2019. For more information please contact Lucian Roeters, Director Finance & Operations: phone (070) 7508458. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.