KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
IT Officer for the KNCV Office (part-time position) Duty Station: Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position in the organization
The IT Officer will be involved with all information, communication and technology issues within the project and will provide support on an agreed schedule and whenever a need arises. He/she will report directly to the IMPAACT4TB Project Manager and will maintain close communication and coordination with the IMPAACT4TB Administrative Assistant.
As IT Officer you will:
- Oversee installation of all IT systems and ensure backup systems operate effectively;
- Verify purchase of hardware and software;
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure the IT facilities meet these needs;
- Offer users appropriate support and advise;
- Identify the IMPAACT4TB IT requirements and give independent and objective advise on the use of IT;
- Manage and enable all IT issues involving the REDCap database;
- Manage crisis situations which may involve complex technical hardware and software problems;
- Schedule upgrade and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Research, design, test, install and monitor new systems as needed;
- Guarantee the smooth running of all IT systems, including security systems, office applications and communication infrastructures;
- Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Provide secure network access to remote users;
- Secure project data from internal and external attack;
- Mentor and train staff on IT matters, including user manuals to users of any new system.
Who are we looking for?
Bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, ICT, or Computer Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing ICT sections of projects; preferably health related;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Microsoft Suite 2010, 2013, Adobe Acrobat, WinZip/WinRAR;
- Experience in taking the lead on projects and implement them to completion;
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills;
- Open and excited to learn new technologies.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Strong planning and time management skills;
- Self-directed and motivated to take ownership of projects;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili, including the ability to make presentations;
- Ability to work independently most of the time;
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload.
What do we offer?
- A part-time fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 20 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Tanzania: + 255 22 266 4859 or mail to email@example.com.