KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a
IT Specialist for Challenge TB Project
Full time position
Duty station Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The Challenge TB project in Kyrgyz Republic assists with the implementation of shorter regimens and regimens containing new drugs for the treatment of multidrug (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) forms of TB. The Challenge TB project aims to reduce the MDR-TB burden in Kyrgyz Republic by improving health systems and clinicians’ skills in diagnosis and case management. Challenge TB has assisted the Kyrgyz Republic National TB Program in the development of a national plan for the introduction of new TB drugs such as Bedaquiline and Delamanid and the shorter (9-12 month) treatment regimen for MDR-TB.
Purpose of the position
The IT specialist coordinates implementation of KNCV activities related to the current Challenge TB and CORE projects and possible future projects in Kyrgyzstan. The IT specialist reports to the Country Director (CD).
The responsibilities are:
- Coordination of implementation of TB E-Register for the NTP in Kyrgyzstan
- Conducting trainings and on-the-job re-trainings
- Supervision visits to improve real data entry into the TB E-Register
- Development of instruction with checklist to assess data quality entering in TB Register sites
- Assessing of quality of the data entered into the TB E-Register
- Providing technical assistance on insertion of any requested adds to interface of TB register and in system in general
- Coordination and planning of the input of KNCV consultants based on the activity plans
- Monitoring of activities implementation and progress with regular informing of Country Director
- Preventive maintenance of all office technical equipment to ensure its proper functioning and timely removing of breakdowns
- Coordination of internet communications and back-up information of project technical specialists
- Training of office personnel on new computer programs and equipment
- Maintenance of local area network for the office
- Assurances uninterrupted internet connection in the office
- Adjustment and programming of office equipment, including telecommunication devices
- Analysis of specifications and selection of electronic equipment and fittings for procurement.
Your education & experience are
- Bachelor and/or Masters’ degree (IT, public health, technical specialization)
- Ability to run and control E-B-Register (Open-MRS system)
- Proven track record of experience in medical health information system development/implementation; experience in TB control is an asset
- Experience in collaboration and communication with stakeholders and international partners
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English is required, Kyrgyz language is an asset
- Responsible and reliable.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application & information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 15th October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local office in Kyrgyzstan: Tel +996 312 398204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.