KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (DR-TB) Technical Advisor
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a DR-TB Technical Advisor for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. The project intends to dramatically reduce cases of multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB through the introduction of state of the art technologies and approaches to scale up MDR diagnosis, prevention and treatment complement and expand TB activities. It will increase MDR-TB detection rates, increase MDR-TB treatment success rates and cure rates. The objective of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts nation-wide. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Department of Health, NTP and other stakeholders, and in alignment with the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The Drug-Resistant TB Technical Advisor will be seconded to the “Patient-Centered TB Care” Activity throughout the life of the project. The DR-TB Technical Advisor will play an essential role as a “bridge” between the two activities in order to transfer interventions developed by the “TB Innovations and Health Systems” Activity to the implementation level and also transfer local experiences and recommendations to the national level. S/he will also provide technical expertise and guidance across all objectives and sub-objectives of the “Patient-Centered TB Care” Activity to help the activity develop and implement an evidence-based strategic vision.
This position should be filled by an expatriate who can bring his or her international experience and insights to the activity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in medicine, public health, nursing, applied clinical research, or other relevant medical or public health field
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience providing technical support to TB and DR-TB programs outside of the Philippines (in at least two countries)
- Supervisory experience working in organizations or as part of projects that address TB issues
- Knowledge, understanding and technical expertise in the application and implementation of global TB policies, strategies and technical guidance
- Experience introducing and implementing new TB policies, such as new pediatric TB drug formulations, shortened treatment regimens for MDR-TB, new TB drugs, and GeneXpert
- Knowledge of and experience implementing patient-centered health care
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (both verbal and written).
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 21 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.