KNCV Tuberculosis Foundations is looking for a
Private Fundraising Officer 32 hours per week Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. It is the world’s leading TB expert agency. KNCV delivers evidence for policy and technical assistance for impact in TB care and prevention worldwide.
Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Purpose of the job
The private fundraising Officer will focus specifically on building and maintaining new partnerships with corporate foundations and philanthropic foundations. In this role you are responsible for generating income from fundraising exploring new opportunities, building a network in relevant areas and relationship management with foundations.
Position in the organization
The private fundraising Officer is part of the Resource Mobilization team and reports hierarchically to the Head of Resource Mobilization.
As Private Fundraising Officer you will:
Fundraising strategy and plans
- Conduct market research in the area of corporate foundations and philanthropic foundations
- Contribute to the fundraising strategy and the strategic and annual fundraising planning
- Follow external developments in the area of partnerships with corporates and philanthropy networks and translates these to concrete opportunities for KNCV
- Contribute to the selection of fundraising applications and its management (the structure, feasibility, actuality and the quality of selections of fundraising activities).
- Analyse KNCV donor portfolio and (non-institutional) donor market with the aim to contribute and strengthen the fundraising strategy
- Initiate and coordinate relationship management based on the fundraising strategy
- Coordinate and develops fundraising and promotional materials and contributes to KNCV events
- Monitor external stakeholders and potential partners for KNCV partnership opportunities
- Coordinate and develop briefings, concept notes and proposals for partnership opportunities in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate and represent KNCV in relevant networks and platforms off- and online
- Develop and enrich the network of partner- and relationships
- Monitor the KNCV relationship management with key stakeholders and initiate activities to maintain and strengthen the external relations
Analyses and reporting
- Analyse and report on fundraising opportunities and results
- Contribute to annual and quarterly reporting
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in the field of marketing, business development and/or international development
- Experience of working within a foundation fundraising, corporate partnerships or similar role for a minimum of 5 years
- Up to date knowledge of corporate partnership building, foundations and philanthropy
- Ability to communicate fluently in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Excellent coordination skills, with a focus on results and ability to meet (short) deadlines
- Excellent proposal writing skills and reporting capacity
- Experience in global health or public health is a pre
- A proactive and energetic team player, flexible and enthusiastic. Able to think creatively and focus on problem solving
- Strong planning and organizational skills including project planning, reporting and follow-up, personal self-management and work administration. Able to work with short deadlines and independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Negotiating and influencing skills
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a period of 1 year with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the link below before 4 November 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31 (0)70 416 72 65 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our application procedure requires favorable recommendations from at least three professional references.