KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Introduction to the position
The Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor will provide relevant technical guidance and oversight for all activities related to the TB diagnostic network and laboratory services. S/he will ensure that activities are technically sound and adhere to internationally endorsed or recognized guidance, or have demonstrated proof of concept when supporting new interventions. S/he will advise the relevant government programs and laboratories on best practices and provide capacity building support as needed.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD or Master’s degree in laboratory science, infectious diseases, public health or an equivalent field
- At least 12 years of experience working on projects related to strengthening diagnostic network/laboratory services in more than one country and in similar country contexts, with at least five (5) of these years working on tuberculosis diagnostic network/laboratory services
- Demonstrated capacity to function as a technical expert for new technologies within the TB diagnostic network/laboratory community
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior
- Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country governments, and U.S. Government Agencies
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 21 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person