For the Communication and Fundraising team, based at our central office in The Hague, we are looking for a
Marketing Communication Content Creator
who knows how to engage people with great storytelling
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully
controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
The Communication and Fundraising unit is responsible for strengthening the visibility and coherent image of the organization, contributing to a broad social and financial support for TB control in general and KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation specifically. The unit works closely together with other units and divisions within KNCV in order to translate KNCVs mission into its positioning and communication strategy and fundraising opportunities.
Purpose of the position
- Identify projects, both short term and long term, and people that can help tell and share the KNCV mission, way of working and impact
- Create written and visual content for different media (print, online, social) and audiences (professionals, public, colleagues).
- Have a major contribution to publications in which KNCV illustrates impact, f.e. our annual report
- Identify and build a solid internal and external network
Who are we looking for?
You are an experienced writer who can turn complex technical reports into attractive articles and powerful stories. You are fluent in both English and Dutch, entrepreneurial and creative. Furthermore you are a strong networker who sees and acts on opportunities.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in an international setting
- Excellent writer and editor in both Dutch and English – This is a must
- Experience in writing for websites and social media
- Experience in visual storytelling
- Eligible for work in the EU
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 5th August 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Monica Kiezebrink, Head of Communication & Fundraising, T: 06 29 530 530 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.