KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a part time
M&E Consultant for TB REACH, PODTEC and ASTTIE projects
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
KNCV is implementing two projects (ASTTIE and PODTEC) focusing on providing children and PLHIV in Ethiopia with access to non-invasive diagnostic methods for TB and to assess how the stool testing for children and urine test using FujiLAM for PLHIV to allow for improved diagnosis of TB and generate implementation guidance to support the national HIV and TB policy and TB/HIV guidelines.
In addition, KNCV through TB REACH wave 7 is implementing strengthening TB preventive therapy (TPT) among under-five children by engaging local indigenous associations called Iddirs in mobilizing women volunteers to support TPT initiation and monitoring completion among under-five children in Gamo Gofa zone of Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region (SNNPR) and Addis Ketema sub-city of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Women volunteers will strengthen treatment adherence through weekly home visits and by sending mobile text messages. District, health facility TB focal persons and HEWs will be capacitated to ensure alignment of the project intervention with the national health system.
These three projects need close monitoring and evaluation during and after the implementation. Hence, there are times during the implementation period where monitoring and evaluation (M&E) officer is important. The M&E consultant is responsible to monitor data quality at study health facilities, data entry, data analysis, preparation of the quantitative report of the projects, as well as technically supporting any qualitative assessments to be conducted.
Terms of reference
KNCV is looking for a M&E Consultant is to objectively monitor and evaluate the implementation of TB REACH, ASTTIE and PODTEC projects with a three days per week (24 hours weekly) working time. The M&E consultant is accountable to the senior M&E officer and country representative.
Details of the Scope of Work
The M&E consultant is expected to do the following tasks:
- Work with the senior M&E officer to review the projects’ monitoring and evaluation (ASTTIE, PODTEC)
- Work with the senior M&E officer to come up with the monitoring tool and targets of the projects (ASTTIE, PODTEC)
- Monitor the monthly data and reports (for quality, completeness and timeliness) received from TB REACH district coordinators and sub-awardee (TB REACH)
- Mentor and monitor the data completeness, consistency and integrity at the study/project health facilities (ASTTIE, PODTEC).
- Work with EPHI’s data entry clerk in the design and preparation of data entry template (ASTTIE, PODTEC)
- Supervise the data entry process at EPHII; i.e double data entry to ensure data quality (ASTTIE, PODTEC)
- Play a critical role in the data management at EPHI (ASTTIE, PODTEC)
- Engage in the data analysis (all projects)
- Come up with all the necessary objective descriptive and inferential statistic in the preparation of the quarterly and end project reports (all projects)
- Evaluate the impact of project and assist in the dissemination of results (all projects)
- Assist in the data preparation of the information for manuscript write ups (all projects)
- Work other activities per the need of the projects
The M&E consultant is needed for 6 months, starting date as soon as possible. The consultant is expected to work three days per week (24 hours weekly).
- All the study health facilities are mentored and monitored
- Data management, data entry and data analysis assisted for the quarterly reported prepared
- Objective evidences produced for the manuscript write up
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in health or health related field.
- BSc in statistic or other related field and master’s in public health, epidemiology or related field
- At least seven years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- At least four years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of TB program
- Experience in excel, Microsoft, STATA, SPSS, EPI-INFO, GIS and other health related softwares
- Experience in qualitative studies and qualitative research methods is essential
- Previous experiences of ensuring data quality management, data management and data analysis
- Experience of working or using digital technology is a plus.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language;
- Country national preferable, conversant in the local language;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work in a national and international team.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A consultancy contract for 3 days per week for 6 months;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
Application and Information
You can apply for this consultancy vacancy by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via this link www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies before 7 February 2020. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia: + 251116673801.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.