KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job (general)
Perform radiological duties in compliance with mobile x-ray unit. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform selected administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of ACF team.
Position in the organization
The Mobile X-ray Technician reports to the Mobile X-ray Data Manager and works under the daily supervision of the ACF Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the position of Mobile X-ray Technician you will:
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety;
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures, which meet or exceed recommended industry standards;
- Develop and process radiological film;
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by the ACF Coordinator;
- Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less;
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to the ACF Coordinator;
- Log completed radiological procedures;
- Complete paperwork accurately and on time;
- Identify and file reports as required;
- Maintain mobile x-ray unit, stock necessary radiological supplies;
- Request, retrieve and track files;
- Work closely with the other team members of the ACF team for treating patients;
- Perform other work as directed by the ACF Coordinator;
- Make suggestions to improve work methods;
- Train new employees.
Who are we looking for?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- A current X-Ray Technology certificate or license from a program approved in Malawi.
- Proven experience in coaching and training.
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Reliable and able to work under pressure;
- Eye for detail.
Duration of the contract
6 months with possible extension, depending on funding and performance.
Application and information
You can apply for this position using the application form below before the 4th of January 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com. Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.