KNCV is looking for a:
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Duty station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The main responsibility of the M&E Advisor is to work with partners to provide high level technical support and facilitate building capacity of the National TB Program (NTP) in monitoring and evaluation. He/she contributes to a strong surveillance system.
He/she reports to the CTB Malawi Country Director and works in close coordination with the NTP M&E Technical advisor.
In coordination with the NTP M&E Technical Advisor, he or she:
- Contributes to the enhancement of a strong surveillance system;
- Advises the National TB Program in optimizing the M&E systems and the use of surveillance data for programmatic management of TB, TB/HIV and MDR TB;
- Mentors TB officers in M&E to ensure quality TB data at all levels;
- Provides on the job training to analyze surveillance data at all levels;
- Supports TB officers to use surveillance data to strengthen TB, TB/HIV and MDR TB control;
- Participates in joined TB/HIV supportive supervision visits within the region ensuring M&E aspects are well addressed;
- Identifies bottlenecks and opportunities to improve M&E in the regions and districts, and initiates and guides further capacity building;
- Assists in the development and co-facilitates M&E trainings ;
- Contributes to the review and revision of guidelines and tools, such as SOPs for M&E at all levels;
- Coordinates with the NTP M&E Technical Advisor to prepare the CTB M&E plan;
- Identifies M&E areas for crosscutting collaboration with all partners;
- Actively shares knowledge with National, Zonal and district NTP staff;
- Ensures that up to date knowledge on TB control areas and new technologies is accessed and shared;
- Support efforts to establish an e-surveillance system in coordination with other partners.
The M&E Advisor will spend about 50% of the time in the field.
Who are we looking for?
Masters’ degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in M&E;
- Experience in M&E for USAID projects is an asset;
- Experience in Operational Research is an asset;
- Experience in data management and analysis in the field of health , TB and TB/HIV is an asset;
- Knowledge of electronic registration systems is an asset;
- Experience in infectious diseases preferably TB control, TB/HIV and MDR TB;
- Experience with USAID, and/or PEPFAR projects is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and knowledge of the local culture is an advantage;
- Experience in teaching and capacity building.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills;
- Personal Integrity;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 30 June 2019, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, before 6th of July 2018. For more information, please contact us via +265 994 869 999 or +265 993 915 705 or +265 999 491 208 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.