KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in national and international contexts. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; this includes doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of the second ‘killer’ infectious disease and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s we also share our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from the central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, regional offices and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Challenge TB Malawi
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms
The position of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for supporting the M&E Advisor in the management of the various information systems of the project through data cleaning, processing, retrieval, and use for programmatic decision making.The M&E Officer will liaise with M&E staff at the National TB Control Programme (NTP) at Zonal and District levels through review meetings and supportive supervision. The M&E Officer will be responsible for delivering quality data according to the expectations and within a timeframe defined by Challenge TB.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
Duties and responsibilities
As Monitoring and Evaluation Officer you will:
- Be responsible for collecting, cleaning, processing and retrieving project-related data for district, zonal and national levels
- Ensure that data is entered according to the expectations and within a timeframe defined by Challenge TB and key stakeholders.
- Ensure proper management of the project data systems
- Support the NTP through ensuring timely collection of national HIV/TB Joint supervision data
- Analyze project-related data and communicate regularly to the M&E Advisor on the progress of project indicators
- Assist the M&E Advisor in compiling project-related reports on a quarterly basis
Who are we looking for?
- A diploma or degree in any health-related field such as Social Science, public health, statistics or epidemiology.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years’ experience in recording, reporting and other monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID is essential;
- Working experience in TB and/or TB/HIV project implementation is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Analytical and strategic thinking;
- Performance and results oriented;
- Problem solving;
- Culturally sensitive;
- Ability to function well in a challenging environment.
You will make frequent duty travels within Malawi.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year with possibility of renewal depending on funding
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 8th of February 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com with in the subject “mw1601”. Due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.