KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease, an contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Purpose of the position
The M&E Officer will work with the Project Coordinator and other Assistant Program Officers to assist in M&E activities in the State. Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Position in the organization
Hierarchically, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
As a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer you will:
- Ensure a robust monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management for Global Fund Public Private Mix TB grant
- Ensure all the key tools for recording and reporting project activities are in available and accurate use by all supported entities.
- Collate and validate all data form the linkage coordinators and track the performance of project in all clusters
- Collate and validate monthly data from all facilities and supported entities to track project performance
- Develop and share performance feedback chart with the program officers to ensure effective monitoring of linkage coordinators
- Develop performance dashboard to track functionality of all engaged entities in the PPM project
- Design process to improve quality of data collection and reduce time spent in collecting data.
- Provide technical support to the project coordinator to coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report for submission to the Principal recipient
- Validate and analyze results from Data Quality Assurance exercise and share lesson learn with the project
- Ensure monitoring and evaluating progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including analyzing indicators for the TB clinical cascades.
- Provide TA support and mentorship to state teams on data analysis for program quality improvement.
- Provide TA to GON and partner organization in revision of training curricula for Monitoring and evaluation including tool development and revision.
- Provide technical assistance in uploading data into the National Electronic TB Information System (NETIMS) and other electronic reporting mechanisms.
- Participate in the Revision of DQA protocols with partner M&E teams as well as validate and analyze results from partners Data Quality Assurance exercise.
- In collaboration with the State TB program, mentor all M&E focal persons at the state level as well as Local Government levels including Health Facility Staff.
- Contribute to the application of a rigorous monitoring and evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs.
- Support the M/E advisor in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required.
- Ensure proper documentation of success stories and lesson learnt for continuous quality improvement
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Social Sciences
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and use of computer
- At least 2 years of experience in M & E in public health project
- Experience in working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and good listener
- Exhibits high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritize work, handle pressure.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
Please read the full profiles on www.kncvtbc.org.You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 4th January 2020. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.