KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors
KNCV Regional Office Kazakhstan
The KNCV Regional Office in Central Asia is a Representative Office of the Royal Netherlands Association on prevention and fight against tuberculosis that was officially registered in Almaty, Kazakhstan in 2006.
KNCV Regional Office is responsible for implementation of KNCV’ projects/programs in Kazakhstan, and at the same time, operates as a Technical Hub for the region. Regional Office is accountable to KNCV Central Office and works in close collaboration and coordination with country & project teams at Central Office.
Regional Office manages and coordinates projects/programs implemented by KNCV in Kazakhstan and ensures timely and proper implementation of the activities. Regional Office maintains good collaboration with key partners and ensures communication on KNCV activity in the country.
Since 2015, in Kazakhstan KNCV implements a multi country project funded by the Dutch Government aiming at improving TB and TB/HIV case finding and treatment success by strengthening the engagement of the non-public sector.
Purpose of the job
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation, document project achievements and lessons learned. S/he works in close collaboration with the DGIS project team at local and central level and the KNCV M&E Officer at Head Office.
Position in the organization
The M&E Officer reports to the Director of the KNCV Office in Almaty.
- Provides overall coordination and implementation of project’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities; Develops a system to monitor provision of TB and HIV care by non-public sector (NGOs and private clinics)
- Oversees and executes M&E activities included in the annual work plan;
- Provides Technical Assistance (TA) on M&E to the project implementing partners,
- Monitors the project’ implementation with focus on project indicators;
- Contributes to development of annual plans of activities (APAs),
- Ensures alignment with project strategy, annual targets and incorporation of M&E activities in the work plan;
- Promotes a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated progress reports;
- Guides in preparing the progress reports of partner in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission;
- Conducts visits to the project sites to monitor activities implementation;
- Assists the project team in interpretation of data and presentation of results in tabular and graphic forms;
- Develops success stories on project achievements.
Who are we looking for?
Masters’ degree in relevant field (Public Health or equivalent)
- Knowledge of and experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of projects/programs in the field of Public Health;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in international projects/programs in the field of TB or HIV;
- Demonstrated understanding of the TB and HIV/AIDS control strategies and challenges;
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting results;
- Experience in training and facilitation;
- Experience in writing catching success stories and able direct to different audiences;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of work in international not for profit organizations;
Behavioral competences and skills
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good organizational and analytical skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent computer skills (Ms Office, analytical packages);
- Excellent verbal and written skills of Russian and English;
- Willingness to learn.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 25 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or email@example.com or KNCV CAR in Almaty: +7 7272911255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.