KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime:
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
ASCENT Project background:
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project), the new Unitaid-funded 3,5 year project that will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
Purpose of the position
The M&EOfficer is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation to improve performance and impact, as well as to document and communicate project achievements and lessons learned. S/he works in close collaboration with the ASCENT project team in-country as well as in the Netherlands.
Place in the organization
The M&E Officer reports to the ASCENT Project Manager in Ethiopia.
As the M&E Officer you will:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provide overall coordination and implementation of project’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities;
- Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Country Operational Plan (COP) and overall project logframe;
- Ensure alignment with project strategy, annual targets and incorporation of M&E activities in the COP;
- Contribute to the development of annual country operational plans;
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) on M&E to participating health facilities and other stakeholders;
- Monitor project implementation with a focus on project indicators and quality data;
- Promote a results-based and patient-centered approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated progress reports;
- Conducts visits to the project sites to monitor activities implementation;
- Assists the ASCENT project team in the analysis and interpretation of data and presentation of results in tabular and graphic forms;
- Other related necessary duties per the Supervisor’s request.
- Gather information about the project and transform this into content appropriate for multiple audiences and stakeholders and adjust/modify for different multimedia channels (e.g. success stories);
- Maintaining and creating innovative content for our social media channels;
- Initiate and coordinate the production of photo’s, video’s and graphics;
- Develop an annual (content) calendar with important communication moments;
- Assist with creating and guiding media coverage for ASCENT activities, news and events;
- Be the first contact for local media, and get well acquainted with national media and platforms that can help tell the project stories;
- Be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date press overview;
- Other related necessary duties per the supervisor’s request.
Who are we looking for?
Masters’ degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience primarily in the field of M&E in an international organization preferably on TB/TB-HIV
- Knowledge of and experience in M&E of projects/programs in the field of Public Health;
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting results using analysis packages from basic Excel (pivot tables) to more robust statistical programs (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, etc.) and other platforms (NVivo, mapping software, ODK collect, etc.);
- Experience in training and facilitation;
- Knowledge of the field of media, communications and public relations, including communication strategies, -processes and –resources;
- Experience in writing engaging success stories that can be directed and tailored to different audiences;
- You love to write and delve in to complex ideas and you have an ability to take those complex ideas and turn them into engaging and understandable content;
- Knowledge of filming, editing, photography, vlogging is considered a great plus.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 04 September 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local team in Ethiopia: +251-911-684302.