Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (1,0 FTE)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
The Technical Division (TD) is responsible for delivery of quality consultancy services to projects and partners. The TD provides technical assistance to countries, generates (new) knowledge and evidence, and contributes to local and global policy development in TB control. Experiences and knowledge is shared internally and disseminated externally to partners and in forums. The TD acquires and develops new projects in close collaboration with the unit Resource Mobilization. The TD works closely with the Finance & Operations Division in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating deliverables of the various KNCV projects.
Purpose of the position
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer has the combined responsibility for project and institutional M&E.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer reports to the Technical Director in the Technical Division.
As M&E Officer you will:
- Develop and follow up on the M&E strategic implementation plan of existing projects;
- Review project work plans, budgets and reports from a M&E perspective;
- Develop and implement a data quality assurance system for the project at all levels;
- Conduct and oversee data collection;
- Support project partners and staff in M&E related work through country field visits and virtual assistance;
- Participate in project teams; as technical project lead the M&E Officer is co-responsible with the grant manager for the quality of project implementation
- Support the dissemination of project results at various global, regional and country level platforms and scientific publications;
- Ensure linking and learning between the different KNCV project countries, with a focus on replicability of best practices and lessons learned, and facilitate the sharing of these experiences;
- Strengthen KNCV’s institutional and strategic M&E by contributing to the further development of KNCV’s M&E performance;
- Support the development of a data base for collecting data for institutional M&E purpose;
- Liaise with technical partners
The job requires frequent travel (at least 25 % of the time).
Who are we looking for?
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field, preferably public health
- More than 5 years of experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Knowledge of planning and monitoring processes;
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Design and implement M&E systems for TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other health programs;
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative health data sets;
- Support data collection teams/staff;
- Manage the utilization of the data for project and other reporting;
- Dissemination of project results;
- International working experience is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written English skills, other relevant language skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to work independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel frequently abroad for up to 25%.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time fixed term contract for a year, with the intention to extend;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 31 March 2020. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222.