KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (fulltime)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The DGIS project “Making Global Fund money work”
The five-year project “Making Global Fund money work”, funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS), is designed to strengthen private sector engagement and enhance Global Fund investments, addressing TB/HIV programs in Kazakhstan, Nigeria, the Philippines, Swaziland, Nepal and Indonesia. The project is implemented in collaboration with the Challenge TB program and with the support of a partnership with AFEW, HIVOS and PharmAccess International.
Purpose of the position
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer has the primary responsibility for the DGIS project M&E (70% of the time). The other 30% of the time the M&E Officer will work on KNCV’s related institutional M&E.
Position in the organization
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is a staff member of the Operations Division at KNCV in The Hague and reports to the Operations Director. He/she is a member of the DGIS project team.
As M&E Officer you will:
- Develop and follow up on the M&E strategic implementation plan of the DGIS project;
- Review DGIS country work plans, budgets and reports from a M&E perspective;
- Develop and implement a data quality assurance system for the project at all levels;
- Conduct and oversee baseline/end line data collection;
- Support DGIS project partners and KNCV country offices and staff in M&E related work through country field visits and virtual assistance;
- Support the dissemination of project results at various global, regional and country level platforms;
- Ensure linking and learning between the different DGIS countries, with a focus on replicability of best practices and lessons learned, and facilitate the sharing of these experiences; supporting systematization;
- Strengthen KNCV’s institutional and strategic M&E by contributing to the further development of KNCV’s M&E performance;
- Liaise with technical partners (i.e. TBTEAM, the Stop TB Partnership, Global Fund and other USAID-funded projects) on global M&E issues and initiatives.
- Flexibility to perform other tasks as required in support of the DGIS project or the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field, preferably public health
- More than 3 years of experience in the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system;
- Knowledge of planning and monitoring processes;
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Design and implement M&E systems for TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other health programs;
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative health data sets;
- Support data collection teams/staff;
- Manage the utilization of the data for project and other reporting.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written English skills, other relevant language skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to work independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel frequently abroad for up to 30%.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time fixed term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 11 December 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.