KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Monitoring & Evaluation/ PPM Consultant (fulltime)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The project “Improved TB/HIV prevention & care – Building models for the future” (BMF)
The five-year project “Improved TB/HIV prevention & care – Building models for the future”, funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS), is designed to strengthen private sector engagement and enhance Global Fund investments, addressing TB/HIV programs in Kazakhstan, Nigeria, the Philippines, and Swaziland. The project is implemented with the support of a partnership with AFEW, HIVOS and PharmAccess International.
Purpose of the position
The Consultant will fulfill a dual role M&E and PPM
- The primary responsibility is to manage the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) for the BMF project (50% of the time).
- The secondary responsibility will be, but is not limited to, work as a TB consultant focusing on M&E and PPM, particularly M&E systems for PPM initiatives.
Position in the organization
The TB consultant M&E/PPM is a staff member of the Health Systems & Key Affected Populations (HS & KAP) Team under the Technical Division at KNCV in The Hague and reports to the Coordinator of the HS & KAP team.
As M&E Consultant you will:
- Be responsible for the M&E strategic implementation plan of the project;
- Lead the project M&E reporting; data collection tools, data review and quality check, data interpretation for programmatic use and feedback loop to in-country teams
- Capitalize project’s best practices, lessons learned and knowledge for internal learning purpose and for external dissemination of results at various global, regional and country level platforms;
- Streamline the three models being piloted for potential models’ replication; develop strategy, implementation methodology and costing plan
- Support project partners and KNCV country offices and staff in M&E related work through country field visits and virtual assistance;
For M&E & PPM:
- Provide Short-term Assistance and long-distance support to countries and projects
- Assist KNCV to further develop and implement its PPM and Urban TB strategies
- Assist KNCV to develop and implement its TB M&E strategy/ package for Urban TB & PPM initiatives
- Collaborate with other teams and country offices on PPM and M&E related activities
- Contribute to the initiatives of the technical division in general and the HS & KAP team in particular as and when required
- Flexibility to perform other tasks as required in support of projects or the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant public health field
- More than 5 years of experience in the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation systems;
- At least 4-5 years working experience in low or lower-middle income countries (based in country)
- Knowledge of planning and monitoring processes;
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Design and implement M&E frameworks and systems for TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other health programs; experience with the Theory of Change would be an advantage
- Evaluation of quantitative and qualitative health data sets;
- Support of data collection teams/staff;
- Management of visualization and utilization of the data for project and other reporting.
- Design and implementation of project evaluations
- Design and implementation of PPM/ urban TB programs
- Understanding of stakeholder mapping and consultation
- Good understanding of the latest international PPM & urban TB developments
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Networking, diplomacy and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written English skills, other relevant language skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to work independently within a set policy framework of responsibilities and assignments;
- Ability to travel frequently abroad for up to 30%.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time fixed term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 17 February 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com. Please note that our application procedure requires favorable recommendations from at least three professional references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.