KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job (general)
The Nurse Manger is responsible for the management of mobile X-ray unit and its staff in the field.
Duties and responsibilities
In the position of Nurse Manager Mobile X-ray you will:
- Perform public/community health-nursing services in mobile X-Ray unit and in the community; and to provide community and client-centered counseling, education and information concerning tuberculosis illness;
- Interview patients prior to examinations in order to assess their health status and determine their medical history, background and health status Educate patients, communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Provide health related counseling on the prevention of TB and communicable diseases; coordinate health programs with outside organizations and agencies; introduce general health related information and instruction to individuals, families and community groups;
- Administer a variety of pre-examination in determining Tuberculosis disease; provide information and education to patients before and after tests as necessary;
- Assess and evaluate patient’s response to treatment and medication, advise patients on available of appropriate medical and social services;
- Keep accurate patient records; maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Compile and submit necessary medical/statistical reports and data in a timely fashion;
- Coordinate with zonal advisor and zonal coordinator and urban health functionaries as an when necessary;
- Manage the staff of X-Ray team and delegate and evaluate their work.
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing.
- Five years registered nursing experience including two years of community health;
- At least 5 years of working experience on TB diagnostic services is preferred.
- Eye for detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Reliable and able to work under pressure.
Duration of the contract:
6 months with possible extension, depending on funding and performance.
Application and information
You can apply for this position using the application form below before the 4th of January 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.