KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job
The Office Manager is responsible for the logistics of staff including travel arrangements, organizes meetings internally and externally, ensures that the office supplies are in place. They are responsible for attending the security meetings and informing senior management on the security issues and trends. The Office Manager supervises the drivers and janitor based in Abuja.
Position in the organization
He/she reports to the Deputy Director Operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Organize appointments and meetings in the big hall
- Maintain calendars and schedules
- Manage travel arrangements (excluding the drivers at the regional offices)
- Writing minutes of the weekly internal meetings and distributes
- Arranging presentations
- Preparing and distributing correspondence
- Compilig and present special reports
- Organizing catering services.
Office and utilities administration
- Ordering and maintaining office equipment, supplies and furniture;
- Organizing repairs and upgrades
- Follow through on maintenance agreements and supplier contracts
- Researching vendors for pricing and delivery options
Office file management
- Designing filing systems
- Ensuring filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Anticipating needed supplies
- Verifying receipt of supplies before payment is requested.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree in any relevant field such as Business Administration, Business Management.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position
- Profiency in MSOffice packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language
- Must be a team worker
- Strong interpersonal
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for details
- The ability to operate in a problem solving way
- Multi-tasking and able to meet deadlines in time
- Strong interpersonal skills
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- KNCV offers you a contract according to the US fiscal year (30th September 2017) with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references by using the form below. The closing date of the vacancy is the 26th of March 2017.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.