Duty station: Osun State
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO)
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Program Officer is expected to be embedded with the state TB program team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all CTB activities in collaboration with the State TB team.
Position in the organization
The Program Officer reports to the Senior Regional Program Manager.
As Program Officer you will:
- Organize & conduct regular health facility supervision to ensure quality TB, TB/HIV, DR-TB surveillance and service delivery;
- Organize & conduct on the job health facility based training for Laboratory DOTS services;
- Support facility assessments and strategic expansion of AFB, GeneXpert, and DOTS services;
- Support the State TB program to create awareness and demand for TB services;
- Organize & conduct regular visits to health facilities to ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to CTB M&E plan;
- Support state program on coordination of prompt initiation and monitoring of diagnosed DR-TB patients in the community;
- Support the State Program on routine data analysis & utilization;
- Organize and establish state TB/HIV partners forum to coordinate partners support and implementation of key intervention areas;
- Assist in coordinating the program portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and CTB impact is in line with strategy;
- Ensure that CTB project reports are developed and submitted on time and are of good quality, and that the evidence they contain is accurately captured and submitted monthly to the Regional Senior Program Manager;
- Perform other additional duties assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- MBBs or a Bachelor degree in relevant medical fields;
- A master’s degree in Public Health and affiliated fields will be an advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with HIV & TB programs at various levels;
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage;
- Experience working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR-TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and the use of a computer.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills;
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results;
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision;
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work;
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible, and engaging manner.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 30 June 2019, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below, before August 28 2018. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.