KNCV is looking for a
Program Officer / Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (duty station Abuja, Nigeria) Fulltime
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease, an contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Purpose of the position
The Program Officer/M&E will work with and coordinate the Assistant Program Officers in the three states to deliver on key project objectives. He/she will ensure the implementation of GF PPM TB project including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that activities are implemented in line with GF policies and procedures to the highest possible quality. He/she will be responsible for M&E, collecting data from activities carried out in different states, sort and analyze information on the PPM grant activities as well as ensure timely and complete reporting on indicators and targets in accordance with approved GF reporting formats.
Position in the organization
The Program/ M&E Officer reports to the Country Representative
As Program/ M&E Officer you will:
- Develop implementation plans and oversee the implementation of integrated TB, TB/HV and other medical services at facility level and community level with focus on the private sector in the three states;
- Provide technical assistance to NTP and Global Fund planning processes, including structured supportive supervision, project rapid assessments, situational analysis, evaluations and other related activities;
- Provide technical support and oversight to Assistant Program Officers on implementing activities in key intervention areas of PPM grant implementation in designated states/LGAs;
- Convene coordination platforms to support collaboration between KNCV and Global Fund PR and SR support, including State and LGA TB Control Programs;
- Support the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation and monitoring of TB in private health sector settings.
- Ensure timely and complete reporting in accordance with approved GF reporting formats.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to TB and TB/HIV program interventions and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent KNCV to donors and government officials and manage communications with all other stakeholders, including civil society and other relevant groups on issues of PPM TB grant.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- MBBS degree
- Master degree in relevant field will be added advantage
- At least 5 years of on hand experience working in TB, TB/HIV, HIV, and/or MDR TB projects, with extensive field experience in Nigeria
- Ability to collect, collate, validate and analyze program data and using the data for decision making
- Understanding of the Global Fund project policies and procedures
- Experience in managing a small project team for result
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of TB and TB/HIV including approaches to active TB case finding and linkage to treatment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 29th May 2020, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form belowbefore 2nd May 2019. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.