KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Project Assistant Regions,
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, B/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. The KNCV office in Addis Ababa is responsible for the overall implementation of CTB project (to be significantly expanded in 2016). As lead partner, KNCV implements the project together with MSH and WHO and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
The project focusses specifically on four major areas: 1) technical support (TA) to the national level of the National TB Program (NTP); 2) TA to two Regions; 3) TA to three urban areas, and 4) tailored support to key populations. In 2016 the CTB Project will be expanded to four other regions, with significant collaboration of MSH. It is expected that at the main office in Addis Ababa, a mix of KNCV and MSH senior technical staff will provide both national TA and policy support and regional/zonal TA.
Purpose of the position
The project assistant regions provide daily office support services to KNCV/Challenge TB regional project activities. S/he liaises between KNCV/CTB regional offices, regional project department at country office and central operation units (finance, human resources, procurement and logistics) to ensure appropriate supports are obtained. S/he facilitates and supports the preparation of work plan and reports by KNCV/CTB regional team.
Position in the organization
The project assistant regions project assistant regions reports to the Regional Director
- Provide operations support to regional project activities to ensure efficient and effective implementation liaising with appropriate units at the country office.
- Assist in the preparation of project work plan, budgets and reports of KNCV/CTB by regional team
- Facilitates in organizing meetings, workshops and trainings by handling logistics and finance related activities for the regional team.
- Work with technical and support staff on a range of tasks aimed at strengthening the project implementation activities of the regional activities.
- Oversee, manage, and organize the filing system for the regional department on correspondences, reports and KNCV/CTB work plan.
- Assist the Regional Director in setting up agendas, schedule meetings and take minutes of meetings for regional team.
- Ensure required office supplies and other materials are made available for the regional team
- Compile all travel plans and schedules of the regional team and submit to the logistics team for assignment and deployment of vehicles and drivers.
- Review and ensure all PRs, advance requests, expense reports and all other requests received from the drivers or fleet team are signed and delivered to the proper units for processing.
- Carry out other related tasks as assigned by the Director Regional.
Who are we looking for?
BA degree in Business Management/Accounting or other relevant fields of study.
- At least 3 years’ experience providing operations support to project activity implementation
- Experience working in INGOs environment
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 30 October 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.