KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors
KNCV Regional Office Kazakhstan
The KNCV Regional Office in Central Asia is a Representative Office of the Royal Netherlands Association on prevention and fight against tuberculosis that was officially registered in Almaty, Kazakhstan in 2006.
KNCV Regional Office is responsible for implementation of KNCV’ projects/programs in Kazakhstan, and at the same time, operates as a Technical Hub for the region. Regional Office is accountable to KNCV Central Office and works in close collaboration and coordination with country & project teams at Central Office.
Regional Office manages and coordinates projects/programs implemented by KNCV in Kazakhstan and ensures timely and proper implementation of the activities. Regional Office maintains good collaboration with key partners and ensures communication on KNCV activity in the country.
Since 2015, in Kazakhstan KNCV implements a multi country project funded by the Dutch Government aiming at improving TB and TB/HIV case finding and treatment success by strengthening the engagement of the non-public sector.
Purpose of the job
The Project Coordinator ensures effective and proper implementation of the project and facilitates coordination and regular communication with the partners in country and maintains good relationships with key stakeholders. The Project Coordinator, together with the support of the team of KNCV technical officers and technical consultants, ensures achieving project’ objectives and results.
Position in the organization
The Project Coordinator (PC) reports to the Director of KNCV Office in Central Asia.
- Coordinates the preparation of annual work plans and budgets;
- Administrates project implementation including disbursement of project budget;
- Ensures appropriate logistical support;
- Supervises activities implementation and activities’ deadlines;
- Oversees the implementation of partners’ activities;
- Contributes in writing progress reports and monitors their timely submission;
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with technical staff of KNCV Regional Office and DGIS senior technical advisor for Kazakhstan at KNCV Central Office;
- Establishes and maintains effective coordination and communication with project partner (AFEW);
- Contributes to quarterly and annual progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders and Portfolio Manager and Project Officer at KNCV CO;
- Ensures the branding & marking policy;
- Maintains good relationships with partners;
- Ensures appropriate communication on project activities with relevant partners;
- Participates in all applicable meetings;
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in relevant field (Public Health or equivalent)
- Knowledge of and minimum of 5 years’ experience in coordination of projects/programs in the field of Public Health;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of work in international non for profit organizations;
- Knowledge and experience of work with international donors;
- Experience of work in the international projects/programs if the field of TB or HIV;
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and budgeting;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications;
Behavioral competences and skills
- Demonstrated good coordination skills
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure;
- Willingness to learn;
- Excellent verbal and written skills of Russian and English languages;
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via www.kncvtbc.org/kz1602 before 25 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or firstname.lastname@example.org or KNCV CAR in Almaty: +7 7272911255 or email@example.com
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.