KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a:
Project Driver Duty station: Nasarawa Region, Nigeria (vacancy number ng1805)
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management. Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO). The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The main responsibility of the project driver is to support project logistics and maintain the project vehicle for CTB activities in communities across selected states in Nasarawa Region to include Nasarawa, Benue and Niger state in Nigeria. The driver will also ensure the safety of the vehicle and perform routine support services when necessary.
Position in the organization
Hierarchically, the Project Driver reports to the Administrative Manager.
As Project Driver you will:
- Transport project staff to their destinations
- Daily inspection of vehicles
- Keep vehicles clean at all times
- Keep logbook
- Register fuel consumption in logbook and on purchase receipts
- Maintain office vehicle and report to the Office Manager
- Submit a monthly car maintenance report to the Administrative Manager
- Update vehicles particulars
- Ensure safety of office staff (and consultants) while travelling with the official vehicle
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for?
- Completed Secondary Education and at least 5 years of experience in a similar job
- Good interpersonal and English communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team
- A team player who is courteous, cooperative, and respectful.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, before 24th May 2018. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.