KNCV is looking for a Project Driver
Duty Station Abuja, Nigeria Full time
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease, an contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Purpose of the position
The main responsibility of the Project Driver is to support logistics and maintain the vehicle. The driver will also ensure the safety of the vehicle and the equipment inside it and perform routine support services necessary for the project.
Position in the organization
The Project Driver reports to the Administrative Manager
As Project Driver you will:
• Convene project staff to their destinations within/outside Abuja.
• Daily inspection of vehicles.
• Keep vehicles clean at all times.
• Keep logbook.
• Register fuel consumption in logbook and on purchase receipts.
• Maintain office vehicles and report to the Administrative Manager.
• Submit a monthly car maintenance report to the Administrative Manager.
• Update vehicles particulars.
• Collect/drop visitors from/at airport.
• Ensure safety of office staff (a consultants) while travelling with the official vehicle.
• Ensure safety of office staff (and consultants) while travelling with the official vehicle.
• Perform other additional duties as assigned.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
• Completed secondary school education
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar job
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Behavioral competencies and skills:
• Ability to take initiative and work in a team.
• Serve as a team player and exhibit traits of courtesy, cooperation, respect and customer service.
• Capable of working well under pressure
What do we offer?
• A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract until 29th May 2020, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
• An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
• A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
• The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
• KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below before 2nd May 2019. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.