KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Project/Logistic Office Duty Station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Position in the organization
The Project/Logistic Officer will provide support in project administration and management for effective project implementation and report directly to the Finance Officer.
As Project/Logistic Officer you will:
- Support administration and financial matters within the project implementation;
- Set up appointments/meetings with government, partner organizations and other stakeholders;
- Organize, coordinate and arrange all meetings and travels involving the project;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings during administrative and coordination meetings and other activities involving KNCV and partners;
- Support senior staff to prepare liquidation report of their duty trips that have been completed;
- Provide administrative and budgetary support in planning, budgeting, organizing, implementation and monitoring of training activities;
- Pay relevant allowances to training facilitators and participants consistent with KNCV policies and project specification;
- Collect training expenditures and liaise with the Finance Officer in analyzing the financial returns and reconciliations from the trainings and workshops;
- Assist the Finance Officer in posting of invoices and retirement in the Exact system;
- File documents such as payment vouchers and retirements;
- Maintain the inventory book of project assets;
- Perform procurement for the project;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by management in relation to project implementation and daily management of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Finance, Logistics or any relevant area;
- Diploma in Administration, Finance, Logistics or any relevant area with 2 years of relevant experience will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Working experience with international NGOs is an added advantage;
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel;
- Knowledge on Exact accounting package will be an added advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chichewa;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Malawi has its own HRM Manual.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below . before 17 June 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Malawi: +265 994 869 999 +265 993 915 705 or +265 999 491 208 or mail to email@example.com.