KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a:
Duty station: Abuja, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Project Officer monitors key deliverables of the approved workplans and compliance with both Challenge TB’s Operations Manual and KNCV’s Country Office Manual.
Position in the organization
The Project Officer reports to the Country Representative
As Project Officer you will:
- On Compliance issues:
- Ensure adherence and compliance to KNCV and donor rules and regulations
- Review KNCV’s procedure, manuals and standard operating procedures to assess compatibility with KNCV and donor regulations and provide input as required to the revision of the manuals
- Follow-up and ensure that all external/internal audit recommendations are implemented and cleared within the stipulated timeline.
- On Subawardee management:
- Support to the development, revising, finalizing and submission of sub-awardee workplans
- Assist in the review and ensure the reliability of financial reports and documentations by all sub-awardees
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and review sub-awardees’ operations to ensure compliance with approved sub-award contracts.
- General tasks:
- Monitor key deliverables in all award/grant agreements and donor contracts
- Coordinate the dissemination of periodic feedback on project performance to awardees and ensures proper archiving of relevant project documentation
- Coordinate the administrative processes related to technical assistance provided by consultant(s) from KNCV headquarters and/or or regional offices
- Provide administrative support during preparation of annual planning and other project activities as needed.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or a relevant field
- At least 2 year’s relevant work experience
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Office etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 6 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via www.kncvtbc.org/ng1803, before 11th April 2018. For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.