KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
We are :
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Challenge TB KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The CTB Project Management Unit (PMU)
As the prime recipient, KNCV established the CTB PMU to manage all operations related to CTB. The PMU facilitates the quality development and implementation and administration of all core, regional and country projects. PMU does not implement projects but can be directly involved in countries ensuring objectives at country level are met, delays in implementation are prevented, absorption capacity is improved and effective and efficient approaches are developed and shared amongst all CTB partners. PMU communicates directly with USAID/W on behalf of the CTB Coalition Partners.
The Project Officer works at PMU and reports to the Deputy Director of Challenge TB. The Project Officer is responsible for the adherence of the Challenge TB projects to KNCV and donor rules and regulations, as well as the proper administration of the projects in his/her portfolio.
Your challenges are:
- To monitor and ensure quality control of (core, regional and country) assigned projects;
- To support assigned projects throughout the work plan development and reporting cycles;
- To review work plans, MOTs, quarterly reports, annual reports, EMMPs, success stories, etc.;
- To serve as the Supporting PMU Officer to assist PMU Coordinators on all PMU related tasks;
- To respond to ad-hoc requests from USAID.
Your education and experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- In depth knowledge of project management;
- Knowledge of project M&E and project finance;
- Experience in budget development and management;
- Experience in working in a multi partner environment;
- Experience in proposal and report writing;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant financial software applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Planning and Organizing;
- Result oriented;
- Eye for detail;
- Understanding of cultural differences.
Please note that a Dutch residency or a valid working permit for working in the Netherlands is required for this position.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A part-time (24 – 32 hours per week) fixed-term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before March 20th 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.