KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Project Officer is responsible for making sure project adhere to KNCV and donor rules and regulations, as well as the proper administration of the projects in their portfolio.
The Project Officer reports to the Director Operations. They are a member of various project teams managing KNCV projects. In the country team the Project Officer supports the Portfolio Manager on all project related issues.
As Project Officer you:
- Ensure that the projects are designed and implemented according to the KNCV and donor specific operations manuals
- Provide assistance and guidance to the Portfolio Manager in managing projects according to KNCV and donor rules and regulations
- Prepare work plans, budgets and all other necessary documentation including but not limited to work plan and budget modifications, salary increases, procurements, waivers, etc.
- Follow-up with and support country directors to revise and finalize work plans, budgets, and all other necessary documentation mentioned above
- Monitor and ensure quality, timely implementation of all approved activities and projects against the work plan and budget
- Have a willingness to travel occasionally.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- In depth knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of project M&E and project finance
- Experience in budget development and budget management
- Experience in working in a multi partner environment
- Experience in proposal and report writing
- Knowledge with relevant financial software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Planning and Organizing
- Result oriented
- Eye for detail
- Understanding of cultural differences.
Please note that a Dutch residency or a valid working permit for working in the Netherlands is required for this position.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a period of 6 months
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 9th of October 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.