KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a
Regional coordinators for Challenge TB Project
Part time position
Duty station Osh, Jalal Abad, Batken, Naryn, Talas, Issyk Kul regions
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Challenge TB project in Kyrgyz Republic assists with the implementation of shorter regimen and regimens containing new drugs for the treatment of multidrug and extensively drug-resistant forms of TB. Challenge TB project aims to reduce the Multi-Drug Resistant TB (MDR-TB) and Extensively-Drug Resistant (XDR-TB) burdens in Kyrgyz Republic by improving health systems and clinicians’ skills in MDR-TB diagnosis and case management. CTB has assisted the Kyrgyz Republic National TB Program in the development of a national plan for the introduction of new TB drugs such as Bedaquiline (Bdq) and Delamanid (Dlm) and shorter (9-12 month) treatment regimen for MDR-TB.
The purpose of the assignment
The main purpose of Regional Coordinator (RC) is to coordinate implementation of KNCV activities and projects in Kyrgyz Republic in the respective area. The RC will work under the direction and supervision of the Project Coordinator. The RC will work in close coordination with the National TB Program and other partners in TB control.
- Act as KNCV Regional Coordinator (RC);
- Coordinate the KNCV regional team consisting of case managers and treatment supporters;
- Implement relevant policies and procedures in the field office as advised by KNCV Country Office (CO);
- Coordinate implementation of KNCV supported activities in the respective region;
- Coordinate and work closely with local National TB Program, Ministry of Health and governmental partners involved into TB health issue;
- Facilitate collaboration with national and international partners working in TB field;
- Communicate with KNCV CO on a regular basis to report the progress of KNCV supported activities in the respective region on the context of overall country strategy, the budget expenditure and related issues;
- Assist in all activities that are directly or indirectly related to achievement of the NTP objectives which are part of the KNCV supported activities;
- Participate in relevant meetings organized by the KNCV Country Office;
- Prepare regular monthly reports and submit them to the Project Coordinator;
- Ensure that the donors’ rules and branding and marking policy are fulfilled;
- Coordinate and plan the input of Country office’s team (COT) based on the activity plans;
- Provide technical support to the NTP, National Reference Laboratory and Department of Drug Procurement (DDP) staff for implementation and proper use of the new drugs and short MDR TB treatment regimen;
- Monitor, observe and adverse events management of the M/XDR TB patients on treatment by the new TB drugs and shorter MDR-TB treatment regimens
- Arrange logistics related to project activities
- Supervise progress in project implementation and regularly update KNCV CO
- Monitor results of the implemented activities.
Result: Activities are implemented on time, within budget and expected results are achieved.
- Provide assistance to the Country Office on the matters that are directly or indirectly related to the projects if needed and upon request.
Result: Project activities are coordinated and supported. Stakeholders are well informed about project implementation and results.
Required education & experience
- Medical degree and/or university degree in Public Health;
- Experience in public health (TB control is an asset) programs;
- Knowledge of the field office operations;
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy and control strategies;
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to cope with stress;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to promote partnership with local partners.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Russian and/or Kyrgyz. Knowledge of the English language is an advantage.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A part-time 20 hours per week fixed-term contract for 10 months, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application & information
You can apply for this position by sending your application under subject “Regional Coordinator” to email@example.com . The deadline for applications is 3 November 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local office in Kyrgyzstan: Tel +996 312 398204 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.