KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Regional Finance and Administration Manager,
Duty Station: SNNPR-Hawassa
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, B/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. The KNCV office in Addis Ababa is responsible for the overall implementation of CTB project (to be significantly expanded in 2016). As lead partner, KNCV implements the project together with MSH and WHO and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
The project focusses specifically on four major areas: 1) technical support (TA) to the national level of the National TB Program (NTP); 2) TA to two Regions; 3) TA to three urban areas, and 4) tailored support to key populations. In 2016 the CTB Project will be expanded to four other regions, with significant collaboration of MSH. It is expected that at the main office in Addis Ababa, a mix of KNCV and MSH senior technical staff will provide both national TA and policy support and regional/zonal TA.
Purpose of the position
The Regional Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the efficient running of KNCV/CTB SNNPR office operations. S/he ensures effective management of financial, human resources, fleet, IT and administrative systems. S/he is responsible for ensuring KNCV/CTB policies and procedures are effectively implemented and complied with in the regional office.
Position in the organization
The Regional Finance and Administration Manager will have administrative reporting line to Regional Technical Coordinator.
- Ensure appropriate operational support is provided for smooth implementation of Challenge TB project activities in SNNPR
- Ensure that KNCV Ethiopia office financial, human resources, procurement and other relevant policies and procedures are correctly implemented in the regional office
- Coordinate cash need of the regional office and communicate to the country office
- Review financial documents before approval
- Ensure timely submission of monthly financial reports to country office
- Support and lead monthly budget vs actual analysis of the regional office
- Ensure vehicle service schedules are respected and proper, timely and high quality maintenance is done by service providing garage
- Manage fueling of fleet and ensure regular fuel consumption test is carried out in consultation with country office focal person.
- Ensure that earned annual leave days are timely updated and planned for to be utilized as per human resources policy of KNCV Ethiopia office.
- Update personnel file with changes
- Prepare procurement plan of the regional office and coordinate with the country office for the implementation
- Maintain CTB/KNCV project inventory register of the regional office, ensuring that it is up to date and coherent with physical count of asset and inventory lists
- Assist and participate in the regional work plan development and quarterly report preparation
- Responsible for fleet management of the vehicle allocated for the regional office
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who are we looking for?
Bachelor or MBA degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance/Commerce.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience is required in a similar position Work experience in INGO setting is preferred
- Knowledge of QuckBooks and other accounting software packages
- Experience with USAID work plan budgeting and expenditure monitoring
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to cope with stress;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload;
- Team player Sound analytical skills
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 30 October 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.