KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Regional M & E Advisor,
Duty Station: Gambela
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, B/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. The KNCV office in Addis Ababa is responsible for the overall implementation of CTB project (to be significantly expanded in 2016). As lead partner, KNCV implements the project together with MSH and WHO and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
The project focusses specifically on four major areas: 1) technical support (TA) to the national level of the National TB Program (NTP); 2) TA to two Regions; 3) TA to three urban areas, and 4) tailored support to key populations. In 2016 the CTB Project will be expanded to four other regions, with significant collaboration of MSH. It is expected that at the main office in Addis Ababa, a mix of KNCV and MSH senior technical staff will provide both national TA and policy support and regional/zonal TA.
Purpose of the position
The Regional M & E Advisor is primarily responsible for the compilation of CTB/KNCV routine data for Gambela region, and supporting the management of database both for the health facilities and community activities. S/he ensures the smooth operation of the database design, entry, cleaning, processing and analysis in Gambela region. S/he leads the data safety, data quality, analysis and writesquarterly and annual reports as well as other reports when the need arises in the regions. The Advisor is a point of contact with regard to M & E for CTB/KNCV staffs in the region, zones, sub-cities and the regional health bureau.
Position in the organization
The Regional M & E advisor reports to Regional TB advisor-Gambela and works closely with other regional team.
- Implement routine data collection system, and support the implementation of database both for the health facilities and community activities in the region.
- Lead the data safety, data quality and analysis.
- Ensure timely collection, cleaning, and compilation of zonal and regional data using the HMIS and data collection format designed by the project.
- Analyze project data at region level and assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Analyze project-related data and communicate regularly to the regional TB advisor-Gambela on the progress of project indicators.
- Ensure adequate tools and techniques are in place and implemented at health facility, Woreda, zone, and region levels.
- Involve in the design, data collection and report writing of baseline/follow up assessments in the regions.
- Participate in and contribute to program-based operational research activities.
- Support and mentor zonal and regional CTB/KNCV staff, and RHBs in the collection and analysis of data, data quality and use data for program improvement.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
First degree in health sciences field plus MPH/MSc or MA in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably in TB/HIV program.
- Extensive experience in database management.
- Previous experience with USAID or other USG funded projects is required.
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, and strong data collection, analysis and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated skills of using Excel, PowerPoint and statistical software such as Epi-Info, CISPro, SPSS and STATA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Sound analytical skills
- Willingness to travel frequently (40%) in the region is required.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 30 October 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.