KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Regional M & E Advisor
Duty station: Gambela Ethiopia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
KNCV operates from a country office in Addis Ababa with sub-offices in other regional states.
Purpose of the job
The Regional M & E Advisor has primarily responsibility for the compilation of routine CTB/KNCV data from the Gambela region, and support in the management of the health facility and community activities database.
- You will ensure efficient and streamlined database design as well as data entry, cleaning, processing and analysis.
- You will lead data quality and validation assessments, and use data to write quarterly and annual reports (and other reports as needed).
- You will also be the main M&E point of contact for CTB/KNCV staff members across the region, zones, sub-cities as well as the regional health bureau.
- Implement routine data collection system, and support the implementation of database both for the health facilities and community activities in the region
- Ensure timely collection, cleaning, and compilation of zonal and regional data using the HMIS and data collection format designed by the project.
- Analyze project data at region level and assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Analyze project-related data and communicate regularly to the regional TB advisor-Gambela on the progress of project indicators.
- Ensure adequate tools and techniques are in place and implemented at health facility, Woreda, zone, and region levels.
- Involve in the design, data collection and report writing of baseline/follow up assessments in the regions.
- Participate in and contribute to program-based operational research activities.
- Support and mentor zonal and regional CTB/KNCV staff, and RHBs in the collection and analysis of data, data quality and use data for program improvement.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have willingness to travel frequently (~40%) in Gambella Regional zones as required.
Who are we looking for ?
- A degree in health sciences- BSc level/MPH/MSc or MA.
Your knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 10 years work experience is required for those at a BSc level and 5 years of experience for MPH/MSc or MA.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in TB/HIV programs.
- Familiarity with the Gambella Regional context is an advantage.
- Experience in database management is required, while experience with USAID or other USG funded projects is preferable.
- A strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, and advanced data collection, analysis and reporting skills
- Demonstrated abilities in Excel, PowerPoint and statistical software such as Epi-Info, CISPro, SPSS and STATA.
- Demonstrated abilities in communicating clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for the position via the form below before 31 March 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia: +251 6630145 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.