KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime;
Regional M&E Advisor
Duty Station: Gambela, Ethiopia
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The KNCV office in Addis Ababa is responsible for the implementation of the CTB project in Ethiopia. As lead partner, KNCV implements the project together with MSH and WHO and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
The project focusses specifically on four major areas: 1) technical support (TA) to the national level of the NTP; 2) TA to two Regions; 3) TA to three urban areas, and 4) tailored support to key populations. At the main office in Addis Ababa, a mix of KNCV and MSH senior technical staff provide both national TA and policy support, and regional/zonal TA.
Purpose of the job
The Regional M&E Advisor is primarily responsible in the compilation of CTB/KNCV routine data for Gambela region and supporting the management of database both for the health facilities and community activities. They ensure the smooth operation of the database design, entry, cleaning, processing and analysis in Gambela region. The successful applicant will lead the data safety, data quality, analysis and write-up of regional quarterly and annual reports as well as other reports when the need arises. The advisor is a point of contact with regard to M&E for CTB/KNCV staffs in the region, zones, sub-cities and the regional health bureau, and they will work closely with Gambela Regional Health Bureau program planning and TB Team.
Position in the organization
The Regional M&E advisor reports to KNCV/CTB Regional Laboratory Advisor and works closely with Gambela regional team.
As regional M&E Advisor you will:
- Implement routine data collection system, and support the implementation of database both for the health facilities and community activities in the region
- Support regional M&E capacity building activities based on Regional Health Bureau
- Lead the data safety, data quality, and analysis
- Ensure timely collection, cleaning, and compilation of zonal and regional data using the DHIS and data collection format designed by the project and national regional program.
- Analyze project data at region level and assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Analyze project-related data and communicate regularly to the Gambella regional coordinator and regional director, on the progress of project indicators.
- Ensure adequate tools and techniques are in place and implemented at health facility, Woreda, zone, sub-city and region levels.
- Involve in the design, data collection and report writing of baseline/follow up assessments in the regions.
- Participate in and contribute to program-based operations research activities.
- Support and mentor zonal and regional CTB/KNCV staff, and RHBs in the collection and analysis of data, data quality, and use data for program improvement.
- Initiate and comprehensibly support the conductance of review meetings, consultative workshop on the program.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
The M&E Advisor is expected to travel frequently (40%) in the zones.
Who are we looking for?
- First degree in health sciences/BSc level/with a MPH/MSc or MA
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in a relevant field, preferably in TB/HIV program
- Familiarity with the Gambela regional context is an advantage.
- Extensive experience in database management
- Experience with USAID or other USG funded projects is preferable
- Good understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts, and strong data collection, analysis, and reporting skills
- Demonstrable experience of using Excel, PowerPoint and statistical software such as Epi-Info, CISPro, SPSS, and STATA.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to cope with stress
- Organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners.
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written English.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract until 30 June 2019 with the intention to extend (depending on performance and funding);
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below, before August 3rd, 2018.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Ethiopia: + 251116673801 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.