Duty station: Abuja, Nigeria (single posting)
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in national and international contexts. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; this includes doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of the second ‘killer’ infectious disease and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s we also share our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from the central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, regional offices and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Challenge TB Nigeria
The KNCV Country Office in Abuja is responsible for the overall implementation of all KNCV implemented projects in Nigeria. The most important is the USAID funded Challenge TB program. KNCV is the lead partner and coordinates and works closely with the National TBL program (NTP) of the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health, with the USAID Mission and other stakeholders. The project focus is at sub national level; strengthening the implementation and performance of the State TB programs delivered through health facilities and in communities (TB diagnosis through microscopy and GeneXpert laboratories, DOTS centers, programmatic management of drug-resistant TB and TB/HIV coinfection diagnosis and treatment); strategic expansion of quality laboratory including Xpert and DOTS centers with emphasis on private sector involvement.
It furthermore focuses on strengthening community management of DR TB patients; on TB diagnosis among vulnerable groups (children and PLHIV); on making a significant investment in demand creation for TB services and community advocacy; and on provision of technical assistance to the NTP at all levels for quality implementation of the TB program. KNCV has a Country Office in Abuja, from where the projects are being managed. Additionally there are 3 Regional Offices in Akwa Ibom, Kano and Lagos that oversee the project activities that are implemented in 15 states.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer oversees the overall financial administrative function of KNCV TB Foundation in Nigeria. He or she is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by providing operational accounting, management and logistical support to facilitate the implementation of the activities under KNCV in Nigeria. He or she ensures that administrative and contractual operations and financial management systems are conducted according to KNCV regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice. The Senior Finance and Administration Officer supervises administrative staff and provides management support to the technical assistance team to facilitate the implementation of the activities under KNCV TB Foundation program in Nigeria.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Deputy Director Operations of KNCV Nigeria.
Duties and responsibilities
As Senior Finance and Administration Officer you will:
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative and financial systems and procedures in compliance with USG/GF/GoN and KNCV requirements;
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to donors and management;
- Be responsible for the general day to day financial and administrative management of KNCV Nigeria;
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of financial resources and assets;
- Communicate regularly to the Senior Management on the financial status of the projects and funds availability for project activities;
- Review, plan and process the local cash flow including fund transfers and requests to KNCV TB Foundation Head Office;
- Facilitate and coordinate all audits for the Country Office;
- Work with, and train, the field-based financial staff in ensuring the implementation of both KNCV policies and procedures and standard accounting practices;
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative and financial systems in the country and regional offices;
- Supervise the KNCV TB Foundation’s financial, administrative staff in both the Country Office in Abuja and the 3 Regional Offices (Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Kano);
- Assist the Country Representative Officer and Deputy Director Operations in managing the financial, administrative and contract issues in collaboration with the project partners;
- Assist in local procurement of equipment and supplies in compliance with procurement guidelines – obtain quotations, VAT exemptions, waivers and all other documentation required in compliance with KNCV and/or Donor regulations;
- Ensure the development of annual workplans/budgets as well as quarterly state and regional budgets.
Who are we looking for?
- Academic level of working and thinking (preferably Master Degree in Business Administration or a Public Health degree with a focus on project management or equivalent);
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 15 years of experience in project and operational management, with a minimum of 5 years at senior level in a USAID funded project;
- Knowledge and experience working with donors (USAID/GF/EU) is essential;
- At least 5 years working experience in Africa, preferably in Nigeria;
- Working experience in TB and/or TB/HIV project implementation is an advantage, as is working experience in the public health sector;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- Leadership support;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Analytical and strategic thinking;
- Helicopter view with ability to zoom in;
- Performance and results oriented;
- Problem solving;
- Culturally sensitive;
- Ability to function well in a challenging environment.
You will make frequent duty travels within Nigeria, and sometimes abroad.
Please note that in view of the security situation in Abuja, this is a single posting, not a family posting.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract up to a total of 4 years;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment, where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience;
- Pension Scheme with Pension Fund ‘Zorg en Welzijn’ (depending on the contract);
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before the 31st of January 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.