KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime:
Senior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The CTB project in Ethiopia focusses specifically on four major areas: 1) Technical Assistance (TA) to the national level of the National TB Program (NTP); 2) TA to two Regions; 3) TA to three urban areas, and 4) Tailored support to key populations.
Purpose of the position
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for review and validation of financial documents submitted by regional team before settlement and disbursement, providing appropriate support and advice to the regional team on budget and work plan preparation, budget vs actual analysis, and cash flow projections.
As a Senior Finance Officer you will:
- Be responsible for checking the accuracy and validity of invoices, documents submitted for payments and settlement;
- Be responsible for checking that payment requests and settlements are accurately coded to the correct project and expenditure account;
- Ensure payment requests and settlements are on available budget;
- Ascertain that project payments are made within the relevant grant period and are as per approved budget line items;
- Ensure that payment requests and documents are approved by authorized person(s) according to the approval authority matrix;
- Calculate and prepare monthly payroll and related payments such as income tax, provident fund, pension scheme and social contribution for KNCV/CTB employees according to policies and procedures;
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly payroll reconciliation;
- Responsible for the allocation of salary costs to Operational and Administration;
- Support and assist the finance manager in preparation of monthly financial statements and reconciliations;
- Handle monthly cash flow process in consultation with budget holders for central and regional operations;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly pipelines, preparation of projects’ projections and taking action in updating projections as need arises;
- Visit field offices to provide training to staff on internal procedures; review internal processes in regional offices;
- Maintain contract tracking system and ensure contractual obligations area accrued and settled on time;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the finance manager.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Finance & Accounting, Economics, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-governmental organization (NGO);
- Knowledge of Ethiopian government laws for NGO operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like QuickBooks, EXACT & MS Excel and MS Word.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Good interpersonal communication;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- Sound analytical skills.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for the positions via the form below, closing date is the 15th of September 2017. For more information, please contact us via +255 22 2664859 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.