KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is currently recruiting a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. In line with the Philippines Strategic TB Elimination Plan (PhilSTEP1), the goal of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts in a country-wide drive. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Department of Health, NTP and other stakeholders, and in alignment with the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will report to the Chief of Party and will be in charge of the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of this project. The design of the M&E systems and operations research is a key component of the project as it safeguards project implementation and performance. The M&E Advisor is responsible for timely, accurate and complete reporting and overall management of monitoring and evaluation of the project including the performance of all partners and stakeholders. Furthermore, the M&E Advisor guides and trains a diverse team in the field for data collection, analysis and regular reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, research methods or related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation of large scale health interventions, including the design of M&E systems.
- Knowledge and experience in health programs and building capacity of project staff and stakeholders for effective data collection, data interpretation, analysis, and program quality management. Coordination of monitoring protocols and planning, evaluations and operational research is a requirement.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and execute evaluations and implementation/operations research.
- Experience working in USAID projects is also an advantage.
- Excellent planning and data analysis and presentation skills for high level reporting.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 7 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.